Donnerstag, 4. November 2010

The Ottoman Project

Its time to start a new Project and in the Moment I dont have enough Lust to start my regular life Winterproject ,so I decide to start a Medieval Winterproject .
I be Viking and my Plan was to make something from the Rus ,but I dont find really good Material .All I find was a modern version of Russian Folk Garb ,mostly from the 18 th cen.So I decide to make something lat but some turkish from the Ottoman Time.After this I will make me some Middle East Outfit.

SOOOO after 1000 Sides of Material ( it wasnt that much ,but it was alot ) I know that I need a GÖLMEK and a SALWAR.Both Pieces are for the UNdergarment.The Gölmek is a lightweight Cotton or Linen Dress and the Salwar is a Silk or maybe Silkmixture Underpants


Copyrights of Pic and Pattern

Salwar
I need also an Entari and a Yelek.The Entari is the Outer Coat ,that will be wearing over a Yelek.
I found a really good Live Journal where you can see how it fits all together
Ottoman Ensemble

 Link were you found a overview pdf for Turkish Ottoman Women Garb
FemaleTurkishGarb.pdf

And a Link were you found the Pattern
Patterns.pdf

I get the Fabric for the Salwar on the last Stoffmarkt Holland here in Hamburg .Its a Poly MIx in Black with gold Threads in it and I love it .I dont want to have authentic Fabric in the Moment.First I want to see how I feel when the Outfit is finish and after this I will think about to make a Second with authentic Fabrics.At the End of this Month ,I think is a Sale by a Silk Fabric Shop.Maybe if I found something ...
For the Gämlek I will use the Rest of my Linen /Cotton Blend ,from which I made the new Tunic for Halfdan
For the Entari I have to Different Fabrics .One is a brown Stripe Cotton Blend ,the other one is a Violett Gold Poly Blend .What I need is a good Fabric for the Yelek .I think I will have some in my Boxes .There is a red one ,also a Poly Blend or a Rest of the Blue Cotton I had buyed for the University last Year.

Keine Kommentare: